On 13-01-04 09:17 AM, Marc Balmer wrote:
We use two different GUI toolkits in mission critical systems with very good experiences, one is GTK+ [snip]
Hi Mark

I am seriously mixed up about GUI programming. If I just really liked C/C++ things would be easy but I want to use Lua and Ada which makes things hard. Ada is really easy to read but GTK-Ada is incomprehensible. It looks like might have to write in C.

You made your own GTK binding. Do you have any feedback on lgi ? I looked through it's C code quickly but didn't understand it. Lua-gnome appeared to insert lua C api into widgets in order to interact with them. Is this the approach your company took?