We use two different GUI toolkits in mission critical systems with very good experiences, one is GTK+ and the other is Motif, for both we created our own Lua binding, the one for Motif is open source.  As for tabular input, xbae exists for Motif, which does exactly that.

I am, however, not aware that Motif would run on anything not Unix.  And then there is some people who claim it's ugly (but they probably just don't know how to customize the look and feel ;)

Freundliche Grüsse,
micro systems

Marc Balmer

--
Marc Balmer
micro systems, Wiesendamm 2a, Postfach, 4019 Basel