On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> The script would be well-positioned to do intelligent extraction.

Yes, exactly, particularly by exclusion. Hard to do this with
well-established libraries, but we can control ml (e.g. by not
depending on upvalues!)

The other part of the puzzle is more interesting; code analysis of
scripts so that a squisher has the information to extract the needed
code. Jay's Squish has two modes, static (byte code analysis) and
dynamic (tracking require calls).  So either we do metalua AST
analysis or code-coverage style debug function tracking.

But the payoff is a situation where a person can create a script which
only has exactly what they need, which means copy 'n paste reuse is no
longer needed.

steve d.