On Tue Dec 18 2012 @ 12:42, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> I've analyzed to myself why I felt much more enthusiastic
> about Microlight in February than I do now.  It's simple: I've
> been off Python for ten months longer.  I don't  feel a need
> for e.g. `class`, `callable`, `map` and `filter` any more. I find it
> more readable to write the equivalent in plain Lua.  The jury
> is still out on `range`.

I'm curious about the end: "I find it more readable to write the equivalent
in plain Lua." I've been using Lua more and more lately (instead of Ruby or
Bash or previously Perl), and I already have my own general-purpose utility
module that includes `map`, `filter`, `partition`, etc. I understand the
idea that they are simple to write in plain Lua, but why would you ever
want to write them *twice* in plain Lua? (Just curious, not trolling.)