On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:
> luasocket needed porting, it was calling deprecated apis in 5.1, that
> were removed in 5.2. among other things, like the module system
> changing.

Yes, the general answer is that we didn't quite get our act together
for the freeze deadline...

In the meantime, Luabuild may be useful for moving to 5.2::

https://github.com/stevedonovan/luabuild

Needs an existing Lua with lfs (Lua 5.1 does fine) to bootstrap and
builds Lua 5.2 with the common libraries (with a useful option to
build chosen libraries into Lua 5.2 statically)

steve d.