On 12/04/2012 06:06 PM, František Fuka wrote:
> I upgraded to Lua 5.2 on my Xubuntu but now I am unable to find .deb
> packages with "Filesystem" and "Socket" libraries for Lua 5.2. What are
> their names? If they are not in Ubuntu repositories, can I download them
> form somewhere? I have have almost zero experience with compiling /
> packaging and I'd like to deploy these on several servers...

Perhaps tangentially related (or perhaps not), and I suppose the time to do
something about it was when Enrico Tassi posted this:

... but I've been noticing in Wheezy that several of the libraries are only
implemented for 5.1 (at least for x86-64), e.g. lua-md5 and lua-curl.  I
also noticed that the naming of these packages is such that the one package
could provide libraries for both versions... is that in the cards for a
future upgrade?  Is there a need for actual porting to 5.2, or just packaging?

-- David

P.S. thanks for all your work, Enrico!