On 11/8/2012 1:33 PM, David Given wrote:
> Although I
> should point out, in terms of full disclosure, that I'm actually
> going to start him out on LOGO...)

Logo is a language with a lot of concrete concepts. I'm pretty sure that the entire language is designed around making everything concrete, in fact.

I do like your idea of boxes-and-arrows, and I may try that when teaching my kids. I'm going to start them on Lua directly. We'll see how that works, and which approach they find easier to understand.

No need to argue about it when we can test it empirically. ;)

Tim