On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Sorry to ask, but what is this "value/reference distinction" in Lua?

I am probably not using the correct terminology, but I simply mean
that values like numbers are copied, whereas tables are not copied by
assignment. This does seem to confuse people, but is of course common
to many languages.  Of course, everything is passed by value (as in C)
ultimately but there are no special copy semantics as C++ programmers
would understand it.