Hi List,

I'm pleased to announce an early access release of Luv.

Luv is an attempt to do libuv bindings to Lua in a style more suited to a language with coroutines than edge-triggered event-loop style programming with callbacks.
It also provides ØMQ bindings primarily for use with threads, in a spirit similar to neopallium++'s zmq + llthreads combo.

Luv does not attempt to be an HTTP daemon. You can put mongrel2 in front of it for that, and save me the pain of doing SSL in Luv :)

Features:

	• scheduled fibers
	• [libuv] TCP sockets
	• [libuv] timers
	• [libuv] filesystem operations
	• [libuv] OS threads
	• [libuv] pipes
	• [libuv] idle watchers
	• [zmq] ØMQ 3.x for the rest
	• binary serialization

Check it out at:

https://github.com/richardhundt/luv

It's not ready for production use, but I'm looking for feedback to help iron out the wrinkles. There are also some features missing, such as ØMQ devices and exposing libuv's uv_poll.

So, any feedback, suggestions and ridicule gladly accepted. Patches and bug fixes more so ;)

Cheers,
Richard