On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Richard Hundt <richardhundt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm pleased to announce an early access release of Luv.
>
> Luv is an attempt to do libuv bindings to Lua in a style more suited to a language with coroutines than edge-triggered event-loop style programming with callbacks.
> It also provides ØMQ bindings primarily for use with threads, in a spirit similar to neopallium++'s zmq + llthreads combo.
>
> Luv does not attempt to be an HTTP daemon. You can put mongrel2 in front of it for that, and save me the pain of doing SSL in Luv :)
>
> Features:
>
>         • scheduled fibers
>         • [libuv] TCP sockets
>         • [libuv] timers
>         • [libuv] filesystem operations
>         • [libuv] OS threads
>         • [libuv] pipes
>         • [libuv] idle watchers
>         • [zmq] ØMQ 3.x for the rest
>         • binary serialization
>
> Check it out at:
>
> https://github.com/richardhundt/luv
>
> It's not ready for production use, but I'm looking for feedback to help iron out the wrinkles. There are also some features missing, such as ØMQ devices and exposing libuv's uv_poll.
>
> So, any feedback, suggestions and ridicule gladly accepted. Patches and bug fixes more so ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Richard

How does this relate to Luvit - LuaJIT + libuv (Node.js:s/JavaScript/Lua/)?

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?