On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 1:59 AM, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
> You'd want to run the preprocessor when speed and/or size counts, and
> you'd want to not run it when mapping line numbers to the source file
> is important or if you don't have the preprocessor installed (optional

That is a good point.  I'm reluctant to release packages which depend
on LuaMacro because (a) I'm making up new syntax and (b) bothering
users with extra dependencies.

Having something that can run just fine with or without preprocessing
is a nice angle.

However: A lexical prepro like LM would find such 'special' macros a
problem (lookahead after 'if' is involved) but then by the same token
the compile-time semantics used don't jump out at users either, as
Thijs says.

steve d.