On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Justin Cormack <justin@specialbusservice.com> wrote:
 I was simply asking whether there was interest in defining a simple standard for Lua.

Build it and see, I am sure there is.

It's not a question of "building it".  I have built several typed array class extensions for Lua myself.  As an extension writer, I want to know what API I can make my extension conform to so that it can safely, easily, and efficiently interoperate with other such extensions in pure Lua.

Since there hasn't been any response from anybody else who actually builds extensions relying on numerical arrays in Lua on this list, it looks like there is little interest or community for this in Lua.  Thanks again to everybody who responded.

Tom