On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Dimitris Papavasiliou
<dpapavas@gmail.com> wrote:
> and perhaps it would be possible to implement the same functionality
> that luarray provides via luaffi.  If so it would also probably be
> much easier.

I think that would be the idea, since the mixture of C and Lua that
LuaJIT programs become is not pretty to look at, although very
effective. But to wrap the ugly bits behind a Lua facade is essential
for a library that's to be used by normal people ;)

> Yes, I'm not familiar with how that works.  Do I have to create a rock
> and submit it for inclusion in LuaRocks?

You just have to write a rockspec, which is a configuration file in Lua format:

http://luarocks.org/en/Creating_a_rock

best way to learn is to grab a few of these babies from
http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/ (which is the human-readable
face of the repository) and modify them until it works!

And yes, that then must get submitted to Hisham on the luarocks dev list.

steve d.