On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Dimitris Papavasiliou
<dpapavas@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's no standard and probably not suitable to become one but since I
> wrote it for just the reasons described by Tom I might as well mention
> luaarray.

As the late great Grace Hopper once said, "the wonderful thing about
standards is that there's so many to choose from'. And that's the
thing about the Lua ecosystem.  Wrapped native arrays are a good
thing, very efficient in storage and speed.  I think luaffi is going
to become one of the semi-canonical libraries, since it allows a
flexible LuaJIT-compatible way to do C in Lua, but the key word is
'semi' ;)

(LuaRocks does make this all easier because package resolution becomes
automatic, but I note that both luaffi and luaarray are not in the
repo. Perhaps an opportunity?)

steve d.