Different usecase, HTT spawns a new process and returns it results. In my case (the pupnp library and the openzwave library) the libraries just get started, and then run in the background, whenever something happens, they run callbacks on (at least from the client library perspective) unknown threads. So I have no control over the background threads coming in.
I think QT is another such library that occasionally returns a callback on another thread and wreaks havoc in the Lua state.

And on top of that, I need Windows support.