Today I finally wrapped up all the scattered pieces of documentation I had on this, and thought it was worth an announcement.

DarkSideSync (DSS) is a library with no use on its own, it only supports other (multi threaded) libraries in handling async callbacks. It’s loaded by/from Lua and supports many libraries simultaneously, as long as they are designed to work with DSS. For now it only supports Windows (have to do the socket/lock wrapper code for unix still).

There is currently only 1 client library; LuaUPnP (a binding to the pupnp library), but others will follow as I have more async stuff to do (openzwave for example). The nice part about it is that the client bindings do not need any platform specific code as that is all in DSS and available through an API.

Anyway here are the links

DSS General overview: http://tieske.github.com/DarkSideSync/dss_overview.htm

DSS Repo + readme: https://github.com/Tieske/DarkSideSync

DSS Reference docs: http://tieske.github.com/DarkSideSync

LuaUPnP: https://github.com/Tieske/LuaUPnP

LuaUPnP sample: http://www.thijsschreijer.nl/blog/?p=650

pupnp: http://pupnp.sourceforge.net/

openZwave: http://www.openzwave.com/

PS: the ‘general overview’ was created by exporting a powerpoint set to html. Now it warns on Chrome and Safari about improper rendering, but it worked fine when testing it. On IE on the other hand, it doesn’t warn, and it also doesn’t work. Silly MS.