On 09/23/2012 09:59 AM, Marc Balmer wrote:
Am 23.09.12 02:43, schrieb g.lister:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what are people doing for Lua web development and if
anyone is using nginx as the HTTP server and how is Lua setup in this case.

We are using the lighttpd server and FastCGI.  The core of the (web)
application is written in C that does handle the authentication stuff,
connecting to the database and dispatching the web request to Lua
functions (which we call handlers).  To decode the GET/PUT requests we
use the Neotonic ClearSilver library, for which we made a Lua interface,
and to render webpages and templates we then use our own proxy and lt
(Lua templates) modules.

In the long run we want to get rid of ClearSilver, but I don't yet have
a HTTP request decoder.

That sounds interesting, thanks for sharing. Does your C code come after a standard FastCGI server or do you implement FastCGI itself? How is the development and maintenance of such a setup do you spend most of the time writing handlers and templates and how much do you put into the C part? How does it perform?

Thanks,
George

I have found WSAPI and luafcgid (I am planning FastCFI with a socket on
Linux) is their another option which one is better?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
George