On 2012-09-21 6:48 PM, "Sean Conner" <sean@conman.org> wrote:

> It was thus said that the Great Rena once stated:
> > (Yep, this question again. :p)
> >
> > I'm coding in a rather limited Linux-like environment: I have a text
> > editor, a terminal emulator, a Lua 5.1 interpreter, and not much else. I
> > don't have a C compiler.
>
>   Is this environment something you cross compile to?  Or are these tools
> already present in the environment?  I only ask because of TCC [1], a small
> ANSI C compiler that can be embedded in an application (it's a library).  I
> even wrote Lua bindings for it [2].
>
>   -spc (Just a thought ... )
>
> [1]     http://bellard.org/tcc/
>
>         But you'll want to pull the code from http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git
>         It's more up-to-date than the code on the main web site.
>
> [2]     https://github.com/spc476/lua-conmanorg

The tools are in the environment, although it's not really designed for this sort of thing. (I'm not the type to use things as they're intended - Linux is installing on my Wii as I type.)

In this case raw mode has proven useful as being able to handle ^C and others is an unforseen benefit. I'll probably check out tcc at some point too.

Thanks for the suggestions!

--
Sent from a toaster running hacked firmware.