Hoi!

I need to solve a problem that I'm sure has been solved a thousand times before.

I have a Lua application and I want to be able to remotely execute
arbitrary scripts in it. For example, by opening a socket and sending
a script and reading back the output. Simple is good e.g. if telnet
and netcat can be used as clients that would be simply dandy.

Does this already exist as a library? if so where can I find it? if
not anything to consider before writing it "the obvious way" using
luasocket?

Thanks!
-Luke