Hi Robert,

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Robert Beisner <robbeisner@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am looking for something like "perl -d" in lua.  I don't have graphical interface access to that Linux computer. and I don't have installation permission.  so I am looking for portable local debugger.  I didn't figure out  which one is what I need in this page, http://lua-users.org/wiki/DebuggingLuaCode. ; Would  someone help me out?

If you use something like mobdebug (it's referenced on that page), you
will need to:

1. copy mobdebug.lua file to the same folder where your files are
2. run debugger server: lua -e "require('mobdebug').listen()" (in one
terminal window)
3. run your client: lua -e "require('mobdebug').start()" test.lua (in
another terminal window)

Your server will show you a prompt where you can run various debugger
commands. 'help' command will give you the list of commands and their
description.

You can run server and client on two different machines. Change
start() to start('ip.address.of.server') or to
start('domain.name.of.server').

Paul.