On 21/06/2012 20.20, Patrick Rapin wrote:
Last December I had tried to compile Lua 5.2.0 with MISRA C rules
enforced, using GHS compiler [1].
The conclusion was that although most of the rules are verified, at
least 48 rules fail for generally good reasons.
I don't think it would be a good idea to make Lua sources pass all MISRA rules.

Interesting, I missed that.
Some rules would be very hard to comply to, but I guess rule 118 ("Dynamic heap memory allocation shall not be used") pretty much makes any effort useless.

(it would be interesting to see how that checker would react to a purposely-coded (and horribly inefficient) allocator using static arrays as 'heap'... technically it would not violate the rule)

--
  Enrico