On 05/06/12 14:43, Xavier Wang wrote:
I have tried lua-inspect but it gives me too many things than I need.
maybe some tools can replace luac and can produce warnings about e.g.
globals.

Lua-inspect integration in a editor is pure magic. After programming in gedit several years, seeing SciTE and VIM marking globals by local/global/upvalue/etc., and SciTE actually marking the scope of a variable, was WHOA.

Sadly, i can't use Vim (i just forget how stuff is done), and SciTE's combination of no split screen and no warning for already opened files is a time bomb for data loss. Anyway, I keep on trying.

Jorge