I really think which is default is not problem, the problem is *how*
we know that *is* global/local. has some tools to analyze your code
and give hint about   how many globals you used?

I have tried lua-inspect but it gives me too many things than I need.
maybe some tools can replace luac and can produce warnings about e.g.
globals.