> Seems to be easy to extend with luajit?

Should definitely be possible based on what I know, but I haven't had
a chance to try it yet.

You can also connect to the debugger in the IDE from an external
script. Essentially, you should be able to debug any script that
includes: (require "mobdebug").start("localhost", 8171) (change the
hostname as needed).

Paul.