On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Peter Hickman
<peterhickman386@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Personally I like PiL, it reminds me of K&R when I first saw it.

Agreed, very clearly written and not too long.  If Roberto then spends
a lot more time discussing libraries, then it becomes less effective
as an introduction to the language.

Although something like LuaFileSystem is essential equipment, and we
can forgive him if he discusses LPeg, since it is one of the jewels of
the Lua ecosystem - and a good example of creative operator
overloading.

steev d.