> If you are the author of a Lua library, and you have in your vcs a
> patch for Lua 5.2, it may be the right time to make a release.

Coincidentally, I've been working on porting my libraries to Lua 5.2,
though porting is too strong a word because the changes are typically
just the ones below:

diff 5.1/lmapm.c 5.2/lmapm.c
39,40c39
<  luaL_getmetatable(L,MYTYPE);
<  lua_setmetatable(L,-2);
---
>  luaL_setmetatable(L,MYTYPE);
461,462c460
<  lua_setglobal(L,MYNAME);
<  luaL_register(L,MYNAME,R);
---
>  luaL_setfuncs(L,R,0);

diff 5.1/test.lua 5.2/test.lua
4c4,5
< bc=require"mapm"
---
> local mapm=require"mapm"
> local bc=mapm

Anyway, if you use one of my libraries, check these out:
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/release.txt

Not all of them have been ported to 5.2. If you need something done
right now, please let me know. Also, I've taken the opportunity and
updated the libraries with small improvements, so if you use one of
my libraries for Lua 5.1, check it out to see if there has been a new
release.