On 23 Apr, 2012, at 13:07 , steve donovan wrote:

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Peter Drahoš <drahosp@gmail.com> wrote:
The batteries[2] sub-project aims to reproduce the LuaForWindows[3] distribution using LuaDist. With LuaDist we can reproduce the
same functionality on multiple platforms and compilers. The Windows release is currently built using MinGW32 and requires no
additional runtime dependencies.

This is great news, Peter: this is something we've dreamed about for a
while now, a good solid cross-platform distribution for Lua+Batteries.
There is still much work to be done until it can rival distributions from other languages. Notable issues are automated testing, integrated documentation, installer with selectable components etc.

What I can directly contribute is debugger support; there's both
scite-debug (which works wherever SciTE works[1]) and lua-gdb, which
is a front-end that does both Lua and C (i.e. you can skip from Lua
into a C extension's source) that fakes gdb well enough for Emacs. [2]
These guys were on my to-do list and I will endeavour to put them into
the LD repo.
This would be more than welcome. I prefer to build SciTE directly, in fact it is already planed for the 1.0 release[1]. However my experience with lua-gdb and scite-debug is limited.

pd

[1] https://github.com/LuaDist/Repository/issues/59