On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Peter Drahoš <drahosp@gmail.com> wrote:
> The batteries[2] sub-project aims to reproduce the LuaForWindows[3] distribution using LuaDist. With LuaDist we can reproduce the
> same functionality on multiple platforms and compilers. The Windows release is currently built using MinGW32 and requires no
> additional runtime dependencies.

This is great news, Peter: this is something we've dreamed about for a
while now, a good solid cross-platform distribution for Lua+Batteries.

What I can directly contribute is debugger support; there's both
scite-debug (which works wherever SciTE works[1]) and lua-gdb, which
is a front-end that does both Lua and C (i.e. you can skip from Lua
into a C extension's source) that fakes gdb well enough for Emacs. [2]
These guys were on my to-do list and I will endeavour to put them into
the LD repo.

steve d.

[1] Including SciTE would not be necessary, since the installation
would hook into a standard SciTE installation via its user property
file.
[2] Alas, other programs like DD are more picky and want the Real Thing.