On 11 April 2012 19:02, Michael Gerbracht <smartmails@arcor.de> wrote:
The first problem I had was that the Qtxxx.dlls could not be found. I think I
have to change the cpath but since lua for windows comes with a lot of addons
I did not find the right file to change it. So to test it I copied the dlls
to a place that is included in the cpath.

There are two sets of shared libraries - ones meant for Lua (bindings, lowercase, qtcore.dll, qtgui.dll, ...), and Qt ones (mixed case with number, QtCore4.dll, QtGui4.dll, ...).

Lua DLLs should go to %LUA_DEV%\clibs, which is where Lua looks for the bindings.

Qt DLLs should go somewhere where Windows can find shared libraries [1]. I personally have one directory where I put my custom applications and libraries, and I have it in %PATH%. I put my Qt DLLs there.

Doing so I get the following error message when trying to load an example:
The procedure entry point _Z5qFreePv could not be located in dynamic link
library QtCore4.dll

This seems like you are using a different QtCore4.dll than what you compiled against. Your best bet is to download the precompiled bindings together with Qt 4.7.4 DLLs from [2]. I have compiled these for and tested with LfW, so they should most probably work (but you can never be 100% sure :).

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7d83bc18%28v=vs.80%29.aspx
[2] https://github.com/downloads/mkottman/lqt/lqt_0.9_win_qt4.7.4.zip