On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 06:38, Petite Abeille <petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2012, at 2:31 PM, Rena wrote:
>
>> Having everything in a big zip file is an
>> interesting idea.
>
> Seems overkill, but whatever rows your boat :)

Well, if you have a complex application with a lot of files already
(scripts, images, etc), you probably already want to package it in an
archive for distribution. Zip is good for packing several files into
one, and you'd still be able to unpack and edit the scripts if you
wanted.

I can imagine some crazy scheme involving a zip file concatenated to
the end of a Lua script, which then reads the file out of itself into
/tmp and grabs its resources from there... though you'd have to stop
Lua trying to parse the archive. I guess a large block comment could
do...

--
Sent from my toaster.