On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 06:24, Petite Abeille <petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2012, at 2:16 PM, Franklin Dijkstra wrote:
>
>> Compile .lua files into .luac files and then you can compile all the .luac
>> files into one file
>
> This is what luac -o does already. It can compile multiple lua files into one luac file.
>
> If your own lua code can withstand such repackaging out-of-the-box is another question altogether. Some assembly might be required.

I should hope we're not embedding assembly in our Lua code! :-)

Compiling all the scripts into one file might not work if you need
external libraries. Having everything in a big zip file is an
interesting idea. But then there's not much need to compile them; you
just need a package loader and wrappers around some functions (dofile,
io.open) to read from the archive.

--
Sent from my toaster.