If you could spare a bit of time, please do release them as full Git
repositories on GitHub and with LuaRocks rockspecs. This way, in my
opinion, is much nicer for the community. You'd get, for a little
effort of putting stuff to Git, browsable source, bug tracking and an
easy  system for code contributions (e.g. forks/pull requests).

Yes but he'd have to maintain two version of the sources as they're part of a larger SVN-based project.  I'm having similar problems with some parts of my project which are of generic use and which I'd like to release.  Perhaps one solution would be to allow access to the modules via SVN.  I think it is possible to check out a single directory of a larger SVN repository so all that is needed is to keep a separate Makefile and perhaps rockspecs in there and provide the relevant command line.  Another solution might be to move the project to Git which features submodules.  I'm not too certain about all this I'll need to look into it in more detail soon for myself.  Maybe there are other better solutions.

Dimitris