On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Robert Klemme
<shortcutter@googlemail.com> wrote:
> How exactly do you define "straight-JVM Lua"?  Are you referring to
> LuaJava which uses JNI?

Sorry, I should be more precise: I mean a Lua interpreter written in
Java.  My point was that this is going to be slower (the C Lua engine
is hard to beat) but that would probably not be the bottleneck for
most projects.

>  Is there actually someone attempting to write a Lua which
> translates Lua to JVM bytecode and executes that?

That _would_ be cool, but not straightforward.

steve d.