> That's exactly what we use the libraries I posted for. Granted, it's
> not a complete solution on its own, but it's usable and could be made
> into one.

I gathered as much by looking at the code.  I was too lazy to figure
out myself though whether something like that can be done reliably
outside of Lua (I mean outside of the interpreter itself).  I suppose
the authoritative source for this kind of information is the GC so I
was hoping that there might be a way to query it that I was missing.
>From your experience in implementing this traversal module, is it
possible to make sure that you've reached all live objects inside the
state?