On 2012-03-15, Mike Pall <mikelu-1203@mike.de> wrote:
> Henk Boom wrote:
>> I've attached the smallest example I could put together. It's for
>> linux and depends on glfw >= 2.7. Just make with proper paths in
>> cflags/ldflags, then run init.lua though luajit.
>
> Well, I've still got GLFW 2.6 here. So I had to comment out a
> couple things to get it to work. This disables your OpenWindowHint
> calls, though. And it doesn't properly print the GL version.
>
> Anyway, here's the output:
>
> --------
> glfwInit	1
> glfwOpenWindow	1
> opengl version 0.0
>
> this doesn't work
> glCreateShader	1
>
> this does
> glCreateShader	2
> --------
>
> Since both calls to glCreateShader return non-zero handles, this
> implies it actually _does_ work here on my machine (Linux/x64).
>
> Maybe experiment with the OpenWindowHint calls?

Strange, I just installed glfw 2.6 locally and I still get the same
problem, with the first call returning 0 and the next returning 1. I
also tried manually setting the opengl version back to 2.1 using
glfwOpenWindowHint in glfw 2.7, with the same result.

I'm using LuaJIT 2.0.0-beta9 that I've checked out from git. My system
is Linux/x64 as well with a cpu that ubuntu lists as "Intel® Atom™ CPU
330 @ 1.60GHz × 4"

I'm not sure what to try at this point. I know that I have support for
glCreateShader, since I've used it before in C/glut/glew programs. Is
there some other information I could capture that might make it easier
to debug the problem?

    henk