Thanks. But I have to isolate the emergency  gc and integrate it. Is there any documentation about it somewhere, that gives me more insight on the files/code changes that this would involve?

Thanks!
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:15 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> I am working with a legacy code base, based off of lua 5.0.2.

Time to move to Lua 5.2 then... Perhaps it won't be that difficult.
We can try to help.

> I want to only integrate the emergency garbage collector from lua5,2 into
> out codebase.

Probably very hard to do. The emergency garbage collector contains lots
of small details.

> so you'd have to diff 5.2 and 5.1 and identify only the differences
> related to emergency gc.

Very hard to identify. The diffs bewteen 5.1 and 5.2 are huge.
diff -u contains around 20000 lines, the size of the Lua code itself.