Op 14 februari 2012 17:03 schreef Ross Bencina <rossb-lists@audiomulch.com> het volgende:

On 13/02/2012 5:44 PM, Dirk Laurie wrote:
There are at least two such projects already: stdlib and penlight, both
maintained by well-respected members of the community.  Maybe we should
start debating the relative merits of the two very different approaches
taken, as a basis for growing into the kind of community-accepted
library that poeple clamour for,

Could anyone offer some insight into these "very different approaches"? I did a quick search on google and couldn't find anything except an unanswered SO question from November last year [1], which also mentioned underscore [2].

The way I see it (others might not) is that Penlight is your home from home if you already know Python, whereas stdlib carries no baggage; Penlight is a well-integrated, written-from-scratch library chiefly by one programmer, whereas stdlib is a collection of routines by many people, lightly maintained (i.e. 5.1 versions of code that started out as 5.0) but not having a common programming style.