On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Ross Bencina
<rossb-lists@audiomulch.com> wrote:
> naming seems logical to be except for:>
> callable() -> is_callable()

Right, in fact the original penlight function _is_ called is_callable!

> Is there a reason to supply bind1 rather than a generalised bind() for any
> number of arguments?

Generalized bind functions are not easy to write, although I've seen
some impressive solutions on the wiki. (They aren't short, and there
is a cost!)  There is a generalized bind in Penlight using placeholder
variables [1]

n=1 takes you more than half the way ;)

steve d.

[1] http://stevedonovan.github.com/Penlight/api/modules/pl.func.html#bind