On Jan 14, 2012, at 16:14 , Ralf Van Bogaert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your reply! I meant global keyboard shortcuts though - sorry, I should have made that more clear.

There is simply no way to do that portably. For each system you want to support, you'll need to dive into their manuals and find out how to add the shortcuts to the user's preferences. If the solution involves updating configuration files or running a system command, you can actually do that in pure Lua - you just need to find out what command to run, or what file to modify.

What exactly do you plan to use the global keyboard shortcuts for?

> Regards
>
> Ralf

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier