On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Ralf Van Bogaert <ralf.vanbogaert@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to install some global shortcuts for my application. The more portable the better, but i'm targeting mainly Linux/KDE,
with no extra dependencies if possible. Maybe through use of LuaJIT FFI?

Anybody here know how?

Thanks in advance

Ralf

What do you mean as Global Shortcuts?  If you mean desktop icons and such, KDE should handle those as specified in Freedesktop's Desktop Entry Specification[0].

These .desktop files should be portable across major environments. GNOME and XFCE come to mind, in addition to KDE.

[0] http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html

Cheers

-- Alessandro