On 7 January 2012 08:30, Sean Bolton <sean@smbolton.com> wrote:

> I agree your "save history" patch seems like unnecessary
> duplication.  On the other hand, rlcompleter differs from
> Mike's patch (which I am now maintaining) in two important
> ways:

In that case, would you be prepared to split Mike's patch into a save
history patch and a completion patch? Otherwise, those who want to use
rlcompleter can't get saved history (or if rlcompleter is compatible
with Mike's patch, they might still quite reasonably not want a patch
much of which they don't use).

Then we'd have one save history patch and two complementary completion
methods (one a patch, one a module), which would still be a definite
improvement on the current situation.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org