I have installed Lua 5.2.0 and updated my programs and C-libraries succesfully, moving all relevant materials to /5.2-directories. But when installing lpeg-0.10.2 "make test" persistently fails with the following message:

113 lpeg-0.10.2: make test
test.lua
env: lua5.1: No such file or directory
make: *** [test] Error 127

I checked the lpeg/re files for 5.1 but could not find the string 5.1 other than in re.lua where
if version == "Lua 5.1" then _G.re = re end
scarcely could be the culprit.
Neither has my .bashrc this as an ENV parameter.

Working on a Macintosh I had activated these lines:
# For Mac OS
ENV = MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.7
DLLFLAGS = -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup

Any idea why test.lua fails?

Hans van der Meer