I wouldn't do it along those Lines. Here's my 2cts;

The way I see it Lua has 2 audiences;
  1 - Lua coders
  2 - Lua embedders
Both with a completely different need, so give them both their own heading
on the page. The latter would require quick links to the API and some C
examples. The former needs access to the basic tools and Lua language
help/FAQ/wiki.
The platform specific stuff is beyond any beginner audience anyway (except
for platform specific startup items like the IDE's etc.)

For learning resources; PiL, Lua reference, FAQ, unofficial FAQ, wiki.