On Nov 21, 2011, at 6:55 PM, startx wrote:

> http://projects.plentyfact.org/projects/lua-captcha/wiki/Introduction
>
> feedback, requests and rants are of course welcome.

Nice, thanks for sharing.

In related news, Ned Batchelder approach is also worth a look:

Stopping spambots with hashes and honeypots
http://nedbatchelder.com/text/stopbots.html

Quote:

Jim and Joe are out hiking in the forest, when in the distance, they see a huge bear. The bear notices them, and begins angrily running toward them. Jim calmly checks the knots of his shoes and stretches his legs.
Joe asks incredulously, "What are you doing? Do you think you can outrun that bear!?"
Jim replies, "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you."

As an illustration, the above approach is used by Nanoki in all its forms:

http://svr225.stepx.com:3388/du-fu/editor
http://svr225.stepx.com:3388/dublin/editor

Note how each form elements is pseudo randomized for each pages.