[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Lua Development Tools available at Eclipse.org
- From: Fabien <fleutot+lua@...>
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:56:32 +0100
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Jon Akhtar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
As the developer of Lua support for the IntelliJ IDE [...]
Perhaps there might be ways we can find to work together [...] on common challenges
We sure hope so!
We currently delegate all semantic operations to Metalua; on the Java side, there's mostly an adapter which translates metalua ASTs into DLTK ASTs. We plan to keep things that way for all analysis and refactoring operations. Two main consequences of that choice are:
- Hacking the semantic analysis of LDT will require some proficiency with Lua, but as little as possible with DLTK/Eclipse SDK. Because Lua hackers are the people most likely to contribute interesting stuff to LDT.
- The language barrier prevents us from coupling semantic analysis with Eclipse/DLTK. As a result, those services will remain easier to adapt to other tools, and we sure would be thrilled to share them with IntelliJ.