On 3 November 2011 12:14, Francesco Abbate <francesco.bbt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> If I don't ask too much I would *greatly* appreciate if someone can
> try a MAC OS X build and eventually contributes the required Makefile
> modifications.

I'm trying to get it compiled, so far I had to do extend the Makefile
as follows (I am missing the "history" library, added dir to X11 and
change -Wl,-E to -undefined dynamic_lookup):

ifeq ($(HOST_SYS),Windows)
  INCLUDES += -I/usr/include
  LDFLAGS += -Wl,--enable-auto-import
  LIBS += -L/usr/lib
else
ifeq ($(HOST_SYS),Darwin)
  LDFLAGS += -L/usr/X11/lib -undefined dynamic_lookup
  LIBS += -ldl -lreadline -lncurses
else
  LDFLAGS += -Wl,-E
  LIBS += -ldl -lreadline -lhistory -lncurses
endif
endif

I also had problem with -lsupc++ - I have found it in
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/lib/libsupc++.a, however in
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk (the latest I have) it is missing.
Trying to link to the "old" libsupc++.a results in a compiled
gsl-shell, however when I run it i get this:

~/Code/gsl-shell (x64-build-fix)$ ./gsl-shell
./gsl-shell: cannot create state: not enough memory

I am not sure what how to do/try next (I have little experience with
Mac compilation/debugging nuances).