2011/11/3 Michal Kottman <k0mpjut0r@gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to get it compiled, so far I had to do extend the Makefile
> as follows (I am missing the "history" library, added dir to X11 and
> change -Wl,-E to -undefined dynamic_lookup):

this seems to be fine.

> I also had problem with -lsupc++ - I have found it in
> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/lib/libsupc++.a, however in
> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk (the latest I have) it is missing.
> Trying to link to the "old" libsupc++.a results in a compiled
> gsl-shell, however when I run it i get this:
>
> ~/Code/gsl-shell (x64-build-fix)$ ./gsl-shell
> ./gsl-shell: cannot create state: not enough memory

Ok, that should be easy to fix. The supc++ library is not needed if
you link with g++ instead of gcc. Just edit the Makefile in the root
directory and change the line:

LINK_EXE = $(CC) $(LDFLAGS)

LINK_EXE = $(CXX) $(LDFLAGS)

and remove the supc++ library a few lines above from the LIBS variable.

You may also want to turn on debugging my changing the DEBUG flag to
"yes" (without the quotation marks) in the file "makeconfig".

If you want to see the flags given during compilation and linking just
remove the @ at the beginning of the line in "makerules" and
"Makefile", like in the following snippet:

%.o: %.c
	@echo Compiling $<
	@$(COMPILE) -Wp,-MMD,.deps/$(*F).pp -c $<
	@-cp .deps/$(*F).pp .deps/$(*F).P; \
	tr ' ' '\012' < .deps/$(*F).pp \
            >> .deps/$(*F).P; \
	rm .deps/$(*F).pp

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate a lot :-)

Francesco