On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Jimmie Houchin <jlhouchin@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/26/2011 3:02 PM, Jon Akhtar wrote:
Have you tried the Lua plugin for IntelliJ IDEA? https://bitbucket.org/sylvanaar2/lua-for-idea/wiki/Home

No, I have not.

I downloaded a gave it a quick cursory view.

I am in general not a big fan of Java based IDEs. They are incredibly heavy, memory intensive and waste motion and visual space for things that don't really matter if you are not using Java.

I created a single Lua project and opened a single Lua script. 150Mb of ram.

I have SciTE open with about 20 files and it uses 1.5 Mb of ram.

Now I know SciTE will not do everything that the Lua plugin will do. But I would rather learn how to script SciTE and improve its user experience.

Reviews like this that don't even explore any of the features that the plugin provides don't do it any justice. "I didn't really look at it, just how much memory it used" /shrug