On 19/10/2011 14.48, Patrick Mc(avery wrote:
Again I don't understand the internals and if this sort of thing will
cause too much overhead then it's pointless as Lua has to find some safe
space between the fat/feature-rich languages.

Has it? Why?

I have an original Swiss Army knife: 30 years and still as good as new. It works beautifully and I bring it with me whenever I go hiking in the Alps. I also keep a large, heavy, full-featured toolbox at home, but I never dreamt of changing the former into the latter :-)

--
  Enrico