On Oct 12, 2011, at 1:28 PM, Alexander Gladysh wrote:

> 1. Please clearly mark each page in the PiL 1 as "this documents Lua
> 5.0, current version is Lua 5.1, see differences here" (or something
> like this).
>
> 2. Is there anything we (community, our company, me personally) can do
> to make PiL 2 publicly available?

"The book is a detailed and authoritative introduction to all aspects of Lua programming, by Lua's chief architect. The first edition was aimed at Lua 5.0 and remains largely relevant. (See the errata.)

If you find this online version useful, please consider buying a copy of the second edition, which updates the text to Lua 5.1 and brings substantial new material. This helps to support the Lua project."

http://www.lua.org/pil/index.html

This should answer, and address, both your questions.